Monday, September 17, 2007

Not To Be All Dave Barry, But...

You know what's fun? Anagram generators. I usually use this one. Here's what you do:
#Think of some celebrity you want to make fun of.
#Type their name in the anagram generator.
#Then see what funny anagrams there are!
Hilarity!
Sometimes you don't get any funny ones, though! I typed in Britney Spears and one of the better ones was "Best In A Sperry". That would be hilarious, if only "Sperry" meant "bourbon-reaking mobile home". No, apparently "Sperry" is the name of the guy who invented the gyrocompass.
Other possibly funny ones:
I Try Bean Press
Press It Nearby
(this next one is cruel, possibly):
Barren Yet Piss
(and I think we have a winner):
Try Beer, Pin Ass

There may actually be other good ones. I didn't go through all 5,908. And, just for the record, I don't really have anything against Britney Spears. I just figured her name had enough letters, and there were likely to be some funny combinations, considering her reputation.
Unfortunately, you can only fit in 16 letters at a time on this one, so I can't even do Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. I honestly wanted to try his name. But now it's just an excuse to put in this picture of him.










Doesn't he look like a fun guy? Such a publicity hound, though. Probably a nice guy to have a beer with. Unless he finds out I'm a Jew Atheist. That's an idea rife with comedy! I smell a Fox sitcom with me and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad living in an apartment. It's called "Nuclear Family".
Anyway...one more just for fun.
Let's try Ann Coulter:
(Note: You may see four letters in "Ann Coulter" that you may think perfectly describe her. However, amazingly enough, none of them really fit into a distinct thought, and the anagram generator omits those anyway, so I have as well.)
These first few make little sense:
Not Nuclear
Noun Cartel
No Rent UCLA
Corn Nut Ale

These next few are getting closer:
Cannot Rule
Cannot Lure

Ah, here it is:
Real Con Nut

Funny, how that works out sometimes.

No comments: