Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Duty Calls

My readers know I'm not much into self-promotion, but it'll be all about me in this post, dammit.

Some months ago I made a wager with my friend Rupak, an actor, that if he got a major role in a television show or film that I would do an open-mike stand-up routine at a location of his choosing. Well, the powers that be have seen fit to give him the role of "Unnamed Bollywood Star" in The Cheetah Girls: One World. His Disney Channel debut will take place sometime in August 2008. But, this Thursday, you'll have to settle for me at the UnUrban Coffee House in Santa Monica, sometime between 7:30 and 9:30.

I'll be covering a wide range of topics, from Proust to the baroque architecture of Sir Christopher Wren. I also have a bit about Anne Frank getting diarrhea.

I'm pleased to do this performance, as it will expand my cultural experience, and it's all to promote this man becoming a major Hollywood icon.



See you all there.

1 comment:

Rupak said...

Can't wait for tonight!!