Monday, February 4, 2008

What are we talking about here?

Country Caravan is proud to present guest blogger Allen Iverson:


Good evening, Country Caravan readers. I tell you, I've been meaning to get into the blogosphere for years now. I keep myself so busy though, giving 110, heck, 120 percent on the court every day! And I'm gonna keep playing. For how long? Until I can't be Allen Iverson on the court, until I can't dominate. When you look at the scouting report and my name is not the first name, then it's time to go. I don't want to be an old guy sitting on the bench for a championship team. I'm not coming off nobody's bench.

I'm Allen Iverson, man. Sure, I'm not perfect. I fly off the handle once in awhile. And sure, I miss the occassional practice. But that's what it is, man. Practice.

Anybody tell you that I missed practice, if a coach say I missed practice, and ya'll hear it, then that's that. I mean, I might have missed one practice this year, but if somebody say "he doesn't come to pracice'" it can be one practice out of all the practices this year, that's it. if i can't practice i can't practice, man, if i'm hurt, i'm hurt. It ain't about that. It's not about that at all. You know what I'm saying, i mean. But it's easy to talk about it, it's easy to sum it up, when you just talking about practice. We're sitting here, I'm supposed to be the franchsise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen. We talkin about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We talking about practice. not a game. Not the game that i go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. not the game. we talkin about practice, man. I mean how silly is that? We talking about practice. i know I'm supposed to be there, I know I'm supposed to lead by example., I know that, and I'm not shoving it aside, you know like it don't mean anything. I know it's' important. I do. I honestly do. But we talkin about practice, man. What are we talking about? Practice? We talking about practice, man. We talk--we talking about practice. We talking about practice. we ain't talking about the game. We talkin about practice, man. When you come into the arena, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You see me give everything I've got. but we talking about practice right now. We talkin about pra--man I look, I hear you. it's funny to me too. It's strange to me, too. We're talking about practice, man. We not even talking about the game, the actual game, when it matters. We talking about practice.

How the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing?

Well, that's the blog post. I hope y'all were entertained. Thanks for reading. Now you can go back to watching videos with Chinese pandas. I'm off to go practice. What are we talking about here?

2 comments:

Crief said...

Genius. Sheer unadulterated genius!

acuteassessments said...

what is this post talking about?

practice?