Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mozza The Time

Went to Pizzeria Mozza tonight. Very hip Italian pizza place at Highland and Melrose.
First, the good things: The food tastes great. I had the Prosciutto di Parma pizza and my friend had a mushroom and fontina cheese pizza. Very creative dishes and presentation. For appetizers, we had the bruschetta and the meatballs. The taste was good and definitely made me forget that I was paying seven dollars for a chunk of garlic bread and eight dollars for three meatballs.
Now, the stuff I get to make fun of: Pizzeria Mozza is about the size of my bathroom with tables wedged into every possible corner. It's one of those situations where you're sitting about three inches to the left and the right of total strangers, which really makes it difficult to break up with someone, confess an indiscretion or attempt to talk someone into an abortion. Pizzeria Mozza wants you to feel part of a real Italian family, which you apparently experience by smelling the deodorant of the patron next to you.
I made my feelings known on a Mozza comment card.


The cramped quarters didn't seem to bother most of the other diners, so I suppose it may be my own insecurities and not a problem with the layout of the restaurant. Plus, there is plenty of street parking, which is a blessing in Los Angeles. Just be careful how long you leave your car there.

1 comment:

Lelah said...

I've always wanted to go there. Glad the food is good, but the atmosphere doesn't seem very LA-y. We like out wide aisles and big tables out here.