Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Deerhoof - Offend Maggie

I went to Best Buy last night to pick up Tell-Tale Signs, the 8th entry in Bob Dylan's bootleg series (I was successful) and the new Deerhoof album, Offend Maggie (I was unsuccessful). Though Best Buy isn't the best place to get the new hipster rock album, they've been getting better in recent years in terms of selection.

I was surprised when I got to the store that the clerk said that they'd only received four copies and they must have sold out. I'm convinced they were just in the storage room on a cart somewhere and hadn't yet been shelved because, let's be honest, how many people are going to the Best Buy on Sawtelle to buy the new Deerhoof album the day it comes out. Maybe one other nerd and myself, that's it. But, I could be wrong. Maybe they have a larger following than I thought. Here's the title track off their new album. Sounds great.

1 comment:

Jenny Beans said...

We live in a very small area with a massive mall. There is a Circuit City and a Best Buy literally within feet of each other and neither of them ever has anything. I used to think it was just because we live in the middle of nowhere, but thanks to your post I'm convinced they are just lazy and uninformed about what people really want.