Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Joanna Doppelganger

We all know the agony I've been in that my beloved Joanna Newsom has been dating that (smog)gy cad Bill Callahan. Her angelic voice should be whispering sweet nothings in my ears, not his, and her fingers that she spins so lovingly on the harp should be making webs in my tangled locks, but anyway.

There's a talented young lady named Abby who plays piano, accompanied by her rat Teapot and she plays "The Book of Right-On" by Joanna Newsom. You hear that, Jo? She's younger than you, too! Watch my heart beats begin to reverberate in a different direction. Don't wait up for me. She's super pro-Obama, too. Making you sweat yet, Newsom? More like Old-som!



UPDATE: Apparently, my doe-eyed seraph is no longer dating Bill Callahan, but has found sawdust and diamonds in that SNL jokester, Andy Samberg. (reference) I'm not sure what to make of this. I mean, it's a step in the right direction. He is Jewish, and we are both white guys who attempt to rap for cheap laughs.

1 comment:

William said...

Joanna isn't with Bill Callahan anymore. She has been with Andy Samberg from SNL for quite a while. Are they still together? Who knows? She isn't one to live her life in the public eye. Just one of the things I love about her. :)