Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Joining the Causecast Team

I announced about two months ago that I would be leaving Mahalo.com to pursue other opportunities. Though I maintain a very good relationship with Mahalo and plan on soon being a stockholder in the company, I felt it was time to take a break and think about what I wanted to do in life.

Much sooner than expected, I've landed a short distance away (you don't know how literal this is) at the socially conscience start-up Causecast. I'll be acting as their Managing Editor, working to add inciteful, thoughtful and original writing to their already deep and impressive index of videos and nonprofit connections. I hope, through this position, to further contribute great content to the Internet, in the form of essays from notable figures and writers who are truly passionate about causes. I also hope, quite selfishly, to give back to my community in the form of time and commitment (money is, after all, a bit scarce for us all right now).

Causecast is up to some very exciting things and I'm pleased to be a part of the team. A few employees will be at SXSW next week for the Mustache March. Check out the latest video:

3 comments:

Julia W. said...

Congratulations, Jonathan! What a fantastic company. They certainly couldn't have made a better choice for managing editor. Let me know if you ever need to connect with any arts or arts edu non-profit types here in LA!

Jenny Beans said...

Congratulations, Jonathan! It looks like a fun job.

Susan said...

Congratulations! They are a lucky company to have landed you!